For us a chemical by itself doesn’t solve problems. But in the hands of a Buckman professional it becomes a solution. The difference? Commitment. A commitment to finding new and better ways to apply chemistries. To helping high-performance companies, perform even better. To making service a science. And to finding sustainable ways of working that benefit not only ourselves and our customers, but also the communities we share.
In accordance with the Buckman Way, your contribution to the success of Buckman Laboratories can be summarized as:
The Industry Specialist - Pulp will focus on developing profitable business in the pulp market segment. This position will support our new technology product: EchoWise drive in the Nordics. From a chemistry perspective, the focus will be BSW, Metal management, Pitch, Scale control & Post bleaching enzymes.
Pulp is a strategic market segment for Buckman globally, this position will support business growth in this area and ensure the pulp plan is realized. This role will be part of the global pulp team.
1) Developing sales opportunities and growing market share in pulp
- Ensuring that an updated Business Plan is in place and that strategies and actions are driven in line with this plan.
- Working with the sales force to identify emerging customer needs.
- Keeping current with emerging regulations and customer marketing programs
- Keeping current with competitive offerings
- Keeping current with new rollouts occurring elsewhere in Buckman Laboratories
- Keeping current with new developments from PFR or partner suppliers.
2) Creating Value Propositions
- Using internal and external market intelligence, define an ideal future state for Buckman EMENA’s net differential value and branding in the marketplace (value proposition) with our people, products, SMART products and service offerings, to satisfy the needs of our Strategic Corporations in the market segment
- Developing and implementing plans to build Buckman’s capability of delivering our value proposition to our customers
- Interfacing with customer groups to provide information on Buckman's value propositions, new marketing efforts and to create a Buckman market and brand presence.
3) Successful conversion of opportunities
- Preparing the ROI analysis for new product/technology offerings.
- Ensuring we extract maximum value using value based pricing.
- With the sales force, identifying the lead customers for new opportunities.
- Focusing efforts on chemical solutions coupled to SMART technologies.
- Supporting the preparation of supporting data and literature for new products
- Assisting with presentations for customers
- Supervising evaluations with customers
- Analyzing the success of new product introductions and making necessary changes in launches to ensure profitable rollouts
4) Technical support for products and technologies
- Remaining current on customer technology applicable to the product line
- Remaining current on developments from corporate R&D and the global technical centers
- Working with the sales management and representatives to develop and implement evaluation plans
- Provide training to Buckman associates on product application and testing
- Providing assistance and oversight on presentations related to the products or technology
- Providing assistance and supervision for evaluations related to the products and technology
- Providing problem solving expertise for our customers
5) Improved communication and knowledge sharing
- Collating and sharing information, at a global level on the application of product line
- Sharing and adopting best practice to grow and improve applications
- Sharing successes that can be leveraged in other geographic areas
- Exchanging information on failures to avoid repetition or turn them into successful applications
- Effective leadership and participation in industry line champion & Strategic Corporation teams, local and global
- Working across industry & product line boundaries, offering customers a Buckman solutions package
6) Building Capabilities
- Working with local management to identify industry segment champions and SMEs and jointly develop local go-to-market plans and tactics to support the global strategy.
- Lead Market Development with existing products into new markets (i.e. regional expansion).
- Identify opportunities for Market Diversification (new products into new markets) to satisfy emerging trends by working through local champions & SMEs (Ex. Readiness for customer Grade Development).
- Providing leadership, guidance and technical support regionally to generate year-over- year sales and profit growth consistent with PT annual Business Plans.
- Identifying gaps and assisting with the development of new and next-generation technologies (Including chemical, equipment, SMART and Digital Products)
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and materials for high impact new technologies
- Submitting formal R&D Project Requests, as needed.
7) Training and Associate development
- Auditing content and delivery of PT’s technical pulp training model and making improvement recommendations.
- Lead, monitor and reinforce the Mentoring Program through the assigned PT Industry Segment Workgroup.
- Lead the effort of coordinating Target Account Training (TAT) for Differentiated Technologies locally.
- Providing initial training and support information for new technologies roll-outs.
- University degree in Chemical engineering, chemistry or P&P
- minimum 10 years in Pulp and paper industry
- Proven record in sales developments
- Willing to travel on a weekly basis (2/3 of work time)