For us a chemical by itself doesn’t solve problems. But in the hands of a Buckman professional it becomes a solution. The difference? Commitment. A commitment to finding new and better ways to apply chemistries. To helping high-performance companies perform even better. To making service a science. And to finding sustainable ways of working that benefit not only ourselves and our customers, but also the communities we share.
Role summary: We are looking for a highly motivated technical assistant, sales. Ensuring on-going sustainability and profitability of the paper technology customers. The mission is to maintain customer relationships and service levels by performing technical service support activities to the allocated specific accounts.
• Maintaining good relations with customers;
• Liaising with customers' team to ensure customers’ and Accounts’ requirements are met;
• Performing daily, weekly, monthly sampling and laboratory tests;
• Performing daily inspections on dosing equipment;
• Performing basic installation of dosing equipment (enclosures/closing lines/pumps);
• Performing shock dosing of various chemistries as required;
• Performing preventative maintenance and breakdown repairs;
• Performing calibrations of pumps and monitoring equipment;
• Conducting routine surveys (weekly analysis) of various systems treated;
• Off-loading or replenishment of products on site to storage tanks and operating forklifts where required in line with Customer agreements;
• Record-keeping and arranging collection of IBCs;
• Installation and removal of corrosion coupons (where relevant);
• Managing redundancy of equipment and/or product in line with Buckman/customer policies;
• Conducting house-keeping activities of dosing stations, storage tanks and site warehouses where allocated to Buckman;
• Sourcing and purchasing of low-cost spares (e.g. fittings, injection nipples) in line with Buckman CSE policies;
• Technical education with math and science is a must and bachelor degree in chemistry/ chemical engineering/ science is desired
• 1-2 years related experience and / or training within the paper industry
• English language skills are desired, at least conversational level and basic writing skills
• Ready for intervention in case of need in 1-2 hours by call.
• Embracement of Smart & Digital (new technologies)
• High energy and drive
• Drivers license