For us a chemical by itself doesn’t solve problems. But in the hands of a Buckman professional it becomes a solution. The difference? Commitment. A commitment to finding new and better ways to apply chemistries. To helping high-performance companies, perform even better. To making service a science. And to finding sustainable ways of working that benefit not only ourselves and our customers, but also the communities we share.
In this role you will be responsible to conduct day to day supervision of the Ghent site related to safety, health, environmental and quality aspects. You will manage the persons responsible for environmental, safety and health for the plant.
The SHE Supervisor will support the SHERQ and Operational requirements to ensure departmental, company goals and objectives are met.
The SHEQ Supervisor will report directly to the Director SHERQ EMENA with a dotted line to the Operations Manager.
- SHE management and compliance in general: legal compliance, audits, inspections, reporting
- Responsible for permits in general: reviewing, approving, inspecting, assessing and evaluating permits
- Waste management: collecting, separation, disposal, waste administration and registration, SLOB process
- Prevention, safety and risk management: SHE training program, workplace safety, safety inspections, safety programs and campaigns, safety communication and lessons learned, PPE management, support management for continual improvement
- Incident management: processing, investigation, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions, safety awareness
- Action management: drive department actions for completion and support others, reporting
- Emergency preparedness and response: first aid, emergency drills, emmergency plans and protocals, security
- Environmental, health and safety reporting to management and to authorities as legally and operationally required
- Minimum Bachelor in Chemical Engineering; Master degree prefered; or similar by experience.
- Degree as Environmental Coordinator level A (Milieucoordinator A) is a must
- Prevention Advisor level 1 degree prefered.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in this field.
- Proven knowledge and experience in SHE and applicable legislations is a must.
- Dutch and English required
In this role you will participate in emergency response call service (limited)
Expected Start Date: