For us a chemical by itself doesn’t solve problems. But in the hands of a Buckman professional it becomes a solution. The difference? Commitment. A commitment to finding new and better ways to apply chemistries. To helping high-performance companies perform even better. To making service a science. And to finding sustainable ways of working that benefit not only ourselves and our customers, but also the communities we share.
You will be responsible for significantly increasing sales of Paper Technologies Division (PT) in your area of responsibility (Germany, Saxonian Area) through the implementation of all aspects of the PT Strategic Plan, to position Buckman as the customer's first choice for chemical programs and application expertise. You will focus on several key accounts and will create strong relationships within these mills. In addition, you will also look for new opportunities to expand our reach within the region.
• Work with the area manager and the Regional tissue specialist to validate targets both technically and commercially.
• Provide strategically important customers with required resources and service to achieve the sales forecast, taking into account our MPC and profitability targets.
• Have a proactive approach in demonstrating and selling technical competence through identification of continuous improvement projects and showing clear ROI.
• Provide customers with a high level of technical support and on-site project management for complex, strategic and high value tissue projects in your region.
• Actively support and participate in the implementation of the EMEA tissue STRATA through preparation and execution of local business strategies and actions.
• Work with the AM's to ensure that all accounts with functional tissue business are receiving adequate service to include but not limited to recording key process parameters, blade wear analysis, crepe counting, statistical analysis and any other service that supports value selling.
• Identifying and resolving causes for competitive attrition, implementing & documenting continuous improvement projects and evaluation plans along with safeguarding the quality of this process and documentation.
• Provide local market intelligence and seek to understand the tissue business segment from a customer's value prospective.
• Establish strong senior level relationships in strategic customers as needed to drive sales and minimize attrition.
• Sell and actively participate in Transition workshops, Annual Business Reviews, Service Plan Workshops and Joint Problem Solving Workshops.
• Generates and maintains up-to-date process data, system diagrams, and customer organizational charts. • Activity (Service) Reports are distributed regularly.
• Provide service and maintenance when required at existing customers.
• Located in Saxonian Area or willing to relocate.
• Paper science degree or equivalent or chemistry
• English and German: verbal and report writing skills is mandatory.
• minimum 10 years industry experience in Pulp and Paper Industry or chemical supply
• Good computer skills
• The candidate must show good communications skills and be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Driving license